2021 Scholarship Information
The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (CCBA) of San Diego is a nonprofit organization with a mission of providing charitable, educational, and benevolent activities to preserve and promote Chinese culture and traditions.The CCBA offers three scholarships annually:
- The Roger Lee Memorial Scholarship commemorates Roger Lee, a long-time member of the CCBA-SD Board of Directors, by recognizing a student who embodies the spirit of volunteerism and the devotion to service for others.
- The Dennis Avery Memorial Scholarship, offered in honor of philanthropist and supporter of CCBA-SD Dennis Avery, provides financial assistance to a student who exemplifies perseverance and the commitment to educational success despite personal, financial hardship.
- The Rollie Quon Memorial Scholarship commemorates Yick Ng “Rollie” Quon, a former manager of the Lucky Lion Dance Troupe and long-time member of the CCBA-SD Board of Directors, by acknowledging a student’s contribution to the Lucky Lion Dancers. The applicant shall be an active member of CCBA’s Lucky Lion Dance Troupe with a minimum of 75% performance attendance during a 24-month membership. The term of activity shall be confirmed by the Troupe leader.
The deadline to apply is April 15, 2021.
Program Overview and Qualifications:
- The amount of the scholarship may be up to $1,500.
- Only one of the above scholarships may be awarded to any one person.
- The deadline to apply is April 15, 2021, and winners will be notified on or about May 15, 2021.
- The applicant must have lived in San Diego County for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
- Applicant shall have immediate plans to enter a 2-yr college or 4-yr university in the same year of high school graduation.
- Applicant must be able to submit a copy of their HS transcript and two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Complete the 2021 Online Application Form in its entirety. Incompletely application may be disqualified.
- Email a copy of your official high school transcript and two (2) recommendation letters to: scholarships [at] ccbasd.org with subject line “CCBA Scholarship 2021 – [APPLICANT NAME]”. Recommendation letters should be from a teacher, school counselor, principal, mentor or employer indicating why you deserve the scholarship. Include the name of the contact person along with their phone number/email for verification of the information.
- Online application, transcript and letters of recommendation must be received by 11:59 PM, April 15, 2021 (Pacific Time).